Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Keep Rocking India!!

I'm happy to be in Bengaluru :-)...for one reason and only one reason...it is undoubtedly the music capital of India.

Despite the 1000 things I don't like about the city NOW (6 years back when I first landed here...it used to be so much more fun!!)...the Music scene in the city is simply awesome.

Still fresh from the hangover of the just concluded NH7 weekender with 60 f*&^%g bands doing their stuff over 2 days...I am ready for more. Since I missed out on a landmark event of  'THE METALLICA' playing in Delhi coz of some obscenely stupid and deeply insulting reasons....I had almost resigned myself to the fact that I might not be able to see some good live gigs in India. Those 4 hours that I waited there for Metallica to take the stage with my fellow metal-heads seemed like 4 lifetimes coz I feared in my heart that they might not come back to India anytime soon or may be never....

Since then Lamb of God, Korn, Megadeth, Santana, Children of Bodom, Testament, GNR, Periphery...to name a few..have played here in India and I have had the chance to attend quite a few of them...man I tell you what an awesome feeling it is to be there in the moshpits (my blog feeds on that very feeling)...of these guys..I know all of you rock mongers and metaladdicts will share my excitement. What's more encouraging is to see our desi bands flourishing as well along with the international scene. Every weekend there is some gig happening...new bands being formed and given equal opportunity to test their mettle with the veterans and international acts... the sight is simply heartwarming. I mean I have seen the era of College Fests Circuit, Independence Rock and GIR when the bands themselves used to man their booths pre and post their mostly covers driven performance to sell their cheaply recorded stuff (if they were resourceful enough) and promoting themselves. Now I see these guys using social media and online commerce to their benefit...

I picked up the last edition of 'The Rolling Stones' magazine and it was so nice to see it full of pieces on the rising Indian acts...my complements to the editors and a solemn request to keep up the good work. Indian Rock scene needs a lot of support and patronage from all of us. The way we are going today...i'm sure not far in the future we'll see a few of our very own bands making it big on the international scene.

I pledge to support rock and metal in any way I can and make a Call to the Arms to all the metalheads...

...Let's keep Rock and Metal alive!!!

My respect...\m/ \m/

No comments:

Post a Comment